Bachelor Degree in International Business Economics
Programme offered in English (CIMB)
Specialisation: International Business Enterprises
Run by: BBS-CIMB English Language Programme
Aim of the course:
During the seven semesters of the course, students will acquire a good working knowledge in two foreign languages. Students will also gain a detailed insight into a specific professional field. The main aims of the programme are to train students to be able to operate successfully and achieve the results required of them in an increasingly challenging European business environment, and also to familiarise them with the micro- and macro-economic processes and the various levels of business decision-making. Over the course of the programme students will deepen their theoretical and practical knowledge, and learn to apply their knowledge in practice. Considerable attention will be devoted to developing analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. In parallel with its teaching theory, this programme of study will emphasise practice-oriented learning. As a result, graduates will acquire relevant, up-to-date professional and practical knowledge.
Amongst the units of the curriculum, top priority has been given by the partner institutions to topics focusing on the European Union, world economics and international trade policy. A special group of subjects deal with the market and with the creation, operation and development of the various market forces and pertinent institutions. The principles and practice of exporting also feature in the curriculum.
The foundation units, together with subjects like Statistics, Business Planning, Information Technology and Operations Research will develop problem-solving skills and provide a solid basis on which to build the acquisition of further knowledge in the areas of the world economy, the world of enterprises, marketing and management.
In the fifth and sixth semesters students will have the chance to specialise in areas that they are most interested in. The specialisations currently running are: International Business Enterprises, Economic Diplomacy, and International Business Communication. International Business Enterprises can be taken in English, while the language of tuition in the two other specialisations is Hungarian.
BBS have been internationalizing its campus through organising double degree programmes in close cooperation with selected partner universities. The English Language Programme of BBS CIMB coordinated the programme’s curricula with its partner schools with the aim of allowing students to graduate with two diplomas in 7 semesters. Whilst designing the curriculum, the primary aim of the partner institutions was to satisfy the requirement whereby the various units in the curriculum link up to each other - both in content and structure - so as to enable students either to pursue further studies in Hungarian or foreign (European Union) institutions of higher education specialising in economics or business, or to go on to study for a specialised degree.
Name of qualification:
- Economist in BA International Business Economics (BA) offered in English language in close cooperation with
- School of International Studies Avans-ASIS (BA) Business Administration
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences, Frankfurt am Main (BA) International Business Administration
- BA International Business of the College of Management of USC (USC, Taipei, Taiwan)
Students on the International Business Economics Programme can be awarded two Bachelor degrees at the end of their studies:
- The BA International Business Economicsdegree awarded by Budapest Business School, Faculty of International Management and Business AND
- The BA Business Administrationinternational degree awarded by School of International Studies Avans, Breda OR
- The BA International Business Administrationdegree awarded by Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- The BA International Business degree by College of Management of USC (Taiwan)
BBS CIMB and the partner institutions guarantee that graduates of the programme who are otherwise qualified will be eligible for graduate and postgraduate educational programmes for which the two degrees are normally prerequisite.
Benefits of the programme:
- Students can obtain two diplomas in the same study period
- Upon graduation, students will have excellent chances to obtain a good job in Hungary or elsewhere in Europe within multinational or international companies
- The degree provides an easy route to further studies abroad at Master's level
- Students can learn about international business through interdisciplinary and intercultural projects
- Students can be incorporated into the alumni networks of two schools
- Students will get to know different studying and working environments and will expand their knowledge
Language exam requirements:
- The BA degree is awarded upon fulfilling the following requirement: Presentation of two at least B1-B2 state-recognised LSP (business/economics) language certificates or equivalent.
The DD programmes are exclusively designed for undergraduate students enrolled in the English language programme of BBS CIMB, while all students of BBS have the option to participate in the exchange programmes offered.
Studies in Taipei, Taiwan
The duration of the programme is 7 semesters, full-time. To complete a semester successfully, students are required to attend the classroom sessions and to satisfy the requirements prescribed in each unit.
Students will study for four out of the seven semesters at their home institution. In order to obtain the USC degree students will have to follow their studies at USC Taipei for two compulsory semesters. The students will prepare their thesis in the seventh semester. In this semester they will also have to participate in a 15-week internship programme.
In the fifth and sixth semesters students will have the chance to specialise in areas that they are most interested in. For students who decide to study at USC in the 3-4th semesters have to follow specialisation International Business Enterprises.
About detailed information on the study programme and the application procedure please visit: http://www.bgf.hu/kkk/Szervezeti-egysegeink/KKK_SZOLG/ANGOLNYELVUKEPZES/dokumentumok/Studies-inTaiwan
Studies in Breda:
The duration of the programme is seven semesters, full-time. To complete a semester successfully, students are required to attend the classroom sessions and to satisfy the requirements prescribed in each unit.
Students will study for four out of the seven semesters at their home institution. In order to obtain the Asis degree students will have to follow their studies at Asis in Breda for two compulsory semesters. The students will prepare their thesis in the seventh semester. In this semester they will also have to participate in a 20-week internship programme. Students will have to pay for their tuition in Breda. The tuition fee is set per academic year.
This means that fee-paying students in Budapest will have to pay fees to both institutions. For further reference about fees, see the Academic Regulations of BBS-CIMB and http://en.bgf.hu/cimb/documents
In the fifth and sixth semesters students will have the chance to specialise in areas that they are most interested in. For students who decide to study at Asis in the 5-7th semesters have to follow specialisation International Business Enterprises which can be taken in English, while the language of tuition on the other specialisations is Hungarian.
About detailed information on the study programme and the application procedure please visit:
http://www.bgf.hu/kkk/Szervezeti-egysegeink/KKK_SZOLG/ANGOLNYELVUKEPZES/dokumentumok/Studies at ASIS
Studies in Frankfurt:
The programme of study is likewise seven semesters long, out of which students will again study for four semesters at their home institution. In order to obtain the degree students will have to pursue their studies at Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences for three compulsory semesters, in semesters 3-4 and in semester 7. The students will prepare their thesis in the seventh semester. In this semester they will also have to complete a 15-week industrial placement in Germany.
Students who decide to study at Frankfurt University in semesters 3-4 and 7 have to follow the specialisation International Business Enterprises, which can be taken in English.
Students have the option of taking the subject International Business Enterprises specialisation in English, while the language of tuition for the other specialisations is Hungarian.
About detailed information on the study programme and the application procedure please visit:
http://www.bgf.hu/kkk/Szervezeti-egysegeink/KKK_SZOLG/ANGOLNYELVUKEPZES/Double Degree in Hungary and Frankfurt
Fees and finances
For EU citizens the application fee is 100 € and the tuition fee is 1600 €/ semester
For Non-EU citizens the application fee is 600 € and the tuition fee is 2000 €/ semester or 2700 USD/ semester
The tuition and other fees should be transferred to the bank account stipulated below:
Budapesti és Pest Megyei Igazgatóság
1139 Budapest Váci u. 71.
IBAN number: HU42-10004885-10004012-07001136
SWIFT code: MANEHUHB
For further information please contact the English Language Programme Office at Budapest Business School College of International Management and Business:
How to apply
- Entrance examination for Hungarian students and EU citizens: Application to the programme should be submitted either in February every year, or in August at www.felvi.hu
- Foreign nationals (from non-EU countries) wishing to be admitted to the programme should address their application to the Admissions Board by submitting the application form
- Students of the International Business of the College of Management of USC, Taiwan wishing to be admitted to the double degree or exchange programmes should submit their applications to the International Office
Please download the form you require from here:
Application form >>>